We at Lodging Engine value your privacy and we take special care to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws. As we are located in the Netherlands, within the European Union, your data is protected in accordance with EU privacy laws and regulations (such as the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR), which are widely regarded as some of the strongest privacy laws in the world.
Here are some important things we do to protect your privacy and personal data. For example, we:
- clearly state our identity and how you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer (DPO), in our contact details below;
- clearly state which kinds of parties may need to receive your data from us and why;
- strive to limit the collection of personal data to those needed for legitimate purposes only;
- first request your express consent to the processing of your personal data in cases where your consent is required, giving you the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and demand the same of parties processing personal data on our instructions;
- respect your right to request inspection of your personal data and have them corrected or deleted, or to restrict our processing of it.
- For more information about the GDPR in particular and what we do to comply with it, please be referred to our GDPR compliance statement.
Our Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Your personal data is any information which says something about you, as an identified or identifiable human being. By interacting with us, you may cause us to process some of your personal data. Which of your personal data we may process and why, depends on how you choose to interact with us and the context in which you provide information to us.
In general, we process personal data for the following purposes:
- to give you access to the website www.LodgingEngine.com;
- to enable you to request (information about) our products and services;
- to offer webinars and online demos of our products and services;
- to enable you to chat with us on our website;
- to enable you to sign in to your account and use our services;
- to analyse statistics and optimise the website;
- to market and advertise our products and services, including by using online advertising networks and their cookies or similar technologies that are implemented on our website and other websites around the web, in order to make ads and other content you see more relevant to and to you report on and measure the effect of our marketing efforts;
- to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and offers via our newsletter, if you have subscribed or have already purchased similar products or services;
- to enable you to apply for a job at Lodging Engine;
- to handle your questions and requests, for example via a contact form, chat functionality on our website, or via e-mail.
- The following section provides some key examples of how you may interact with us and which personal data may be processed by us as a result and why.
Visiting our website
By visiting our website, you may automatically provide us with some technical information transferred by your web browser. This automatic transfer (contrary to a form you consciously fill out) typically includes the following categories of data:
- public IP address of your device;
- requested page and time;
- ‘user agent’ information, which typically includes information such as your operating system and browser type, version, language and geo-location (based on IP);
- Referrer-URL (the address of the website you visited previously, if you clicked on a hyperlink to arrive on our website)
The first three categories of data are necessary to enable you to access the website (such as your IP-address), or to correctly load its content (such as ‘user agent’ information). This processing is based on your consent, and our legitimate interest to enable you to properly access and use our website and its features. We may also process such data for our legitimate interest to secure our website or our product and services, to find and fix bugs, and to make other improvements. The referrer-URL is used in anonymous form, for usage analytics and advertising statistics.
Requesting a demo and purchasing or using our product and services
In order to request a demo on our website, you need to provide us with some information, such as your name, hotel name, business email, and phone number. When you provide this information to us, we will use it to enable you to obtain your online demo. In this case, the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is your consent and the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. When you (on behalf of your organisation) proceed to request, purchase and/or use the right to use any of our products and/or services, further information may be requested from you (such as bank account and other information for invoicing and payment) and processed accordingly, based on the same legal grounds. In addition, invoices are stored to comply with legal (tax) obligations.
Applying for a job with us
On our ‘career’ section of our website, we provide the opportunity to apply for a job with us. For this purpose, you will typically need to provide information such as your name, contact details, CV or resume, and motivation letter. By applying for a job with us, you give us permission to look up publicly accessible information about you online, such as your publicly accessible social media profiles, if you have any. If we find any such information, we may use it in the application process in order to make a decision about hiring you or not. The legal grounds for processing your information in this context are your consent, to take actions at your request before entering into a contract, and our legitimate interest to assess your application in order to make a decision whether to hire you.
When you apply for a job, your application is processed by an online recruitment software platform, which is provided to us by a professional provider located in the EU.
Newsletter or blog subscription
If you have given consent, we may contact you by e-mail for commercial purposes with offers, which may be personalised to you. Each communication by e-mail will include an option to unsubscribe. Besides this, you can also unsubscribe from this here. We may also, if you have consented thereto, use your email address to show advertisements from lodgingengine.com on the social media channels where you are active, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Other questions or communications
If you use e-mail, phone or our contact form to ask us a question or provide feedback, we use the information provided by you to follow up on this. The legal grounds for processing your personal data in this case, are your consent and our legitimate interest to respond to your question or feedback.
In accordance with the principle of data minimisation and storage limitation, we try to ensure that we don’t process more personal data than we need, and that we don’t store it for longer than we need it.
We store invoices for 7 years, or whichever period may be prescribed under applicable tax law. If you have provided us your contact data because you are interested in our products or services, we will keep this information for that purpose, until you ask us to remove your data.
Confidentiality & Provision to Third Parties
We will not provide your data to third parties for direct marketing purposes by such parties. Nor will we provide your personal to third parties, unless this is necessary for performing the agreement you have concluded with us or is required by law. If we need to engage any external party to process your personal data (for example a professional hosting provider that keeps our products and services available via the Internet), we conclude a data processing agreement with that party in order to protect your personal data.
Our Processing For or On Behalf Of Your Organisation
When you use our product and services, we will process some personal data (of your guests and potential guests) for or on behalf of your organisation.
This means we operate as a ‘processer’ for your organisation, while your organisation is a ‘controller’, in accordance with EU privacy laws and regulations. Your organisation is responsible to ensure that you process (personal) data in accordance with applicable (privacy) laws and regulations, and that a valid legal basis applies for your processing of personal data using our systems.
In developing our products and services, we keep the following primary purpose in mind: to increase direct bookings on your organisation’s website by helping your organisation improve its booking process and personalise offers and interactions with (potential) guests.
We advise your organisation to provide all required information about its processing of personal data, including our processing of personal data for or on behalf of your organisation. For this purpose, we offer a standard explanation suggested by us, under the express condition that your organisation acknowledges and agrees that it remains solely responsible for any information provided or not provided by your organisation about its processing of personal data, including its use of our product and services and its own particular purpose it may have with them.
Our processing of personal data for or on behalf of your organisation is governed by our data processing agreement, which forms a part of our agreement giving you the right to use our product and services.
Lodging Engine does not collect, retain, or share data regarding a particular user’s activity across multiple websites or applications that are not owned by Lodging Engine. Lodging Engine does assign each user a unique user ID within the scope of an individual website, but does not collect or retain IP or any information that would allow Lodging Engine to identify the same particular user on more than one website.
Cookies are small information files that can be automatically stored on or read from the device (including a PC, tablet or smartphone) of the website visitor, while visiting a website. This is done through the web browser on the device. The information that can be transmitted by a cookie, over the use of our website, can be transferred to the own secured servers of lodgingengine.com or to the servers of a third party.
- to enable the functionality of our website (technical and functional cookies);
- to generate overall statistics and gain insight into the use of our website by the public in order to optimise our website and services (analytics cookies);
- to make the internet offer more interesting for you by displaying advertisements that fit your interests and to personalise the ads and content on our website and in our newsletters based on your interests and click and surf behaviour (targeting/advertisement cookies);
- to offer you the possibility to share information on our webpages via the different Social Media channels (Social Media cookies).
We take appropriate security measures to limit and prevent misuse of and unauthorised access to your personal data. More specifically, we take the following measures:
- logical access control based on use of passwords;
- automatic logging of all actions relating to personal data;
- securing network connections using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- purpose-related access restrictions;
- monitoring granted powers.
You can submit a do-not-track request to us via your browser. Because our website does not work optimally without these functionalities, we do not comply with such requests.
We reserve the right to change this policy. Changes will be published on our website and previous versions will continue to be available. We recommend that you check this policy regularly, so that you are informed of any changes.
Your Rights Regarding Your Data
If you have provided personal data to us, you can send us a request to access, correct, or erase your data. You may also request us to keep your data but restrict it from being processed in a certain way or for a certain purpose.
To prevent abuse, we may ask you to provide proper proof of your identity. If you want to inspect personal data linked to a cookie, you should include a copy of the relevant cookie with your request, which you can find in your browser settings.
Your Right to Revoke Your Consent
You have the right to revoke your consent for our processing of your personal data at any time. To make use of this right, you only need to inform us. You should understand, however, that we may not be able to provide our products or services to you and your organisation, and keep you adequately informed about these, without processing some of your personal data. If your consent is not the only legal basis for processing your personal information, we may continue our processing if this is necessary and justified on another legal basis.
National Supervisory Authority
If you have any complaints about our processing of your personal data, we will do our utmost to help you quickly and effectively. In accordance with Mexican privacy laws and regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data against our processing of your personal data.
Address: Paseo del Condado #8, Corregidora, Mexico
Telephone: +52 992 229 4737
VAT Registration: ZAER7212272Q3
(Mexican Tax Authority)